My long due project of Agile Dojos in Singapore have started and I’m so thrilled. It’s the first Tuesday of every month and anyone can register on Meetup.com.
I believe that at some level, practice can only be learnt by practice. In this regard I’ve been longing for a meetup where I could exercise with other Agile practitioners and learn by comparing our approaches. In short: an Agile dojo.If you want to review the various sessions and register on meetup, here it is
To ensure the focus will stay on practice, here’s the charter synthetising the spirit
- it’s a place and time focussed on practice
- we favour transmission of knowledge by practicing together (companionship) instead of being taught
- the dojo belongs to attenders. Act like it’s yours, make it interesting, bring ideas, raise your thoughts, convey people to join
- not confidential: what is said and seen can be shared outside
- diversity of practitioners improves the learning: brings your teammate, your colleague, your client, experts _and_ beginners